Tuesday, July 13, 2010

getting back in the groove!

It's funny that before our holidays when I had all this time (well a little more than now!) my mojo had fizzled. But now that I have essentially no time to craft, I find I have all these ideas and i just want to craft all day! I guess I'll just have to learn to time manage!

So, I can't help myself, I love Susan's One-Layer-Wednesday challenge. Problem is, this week it was to make a funny card. I am not funny. I am OK with this, I am perfectly happy to leave it to other people. Don't get me wrong I have a sense of humour, I am just unable to create it.
Therefore my card is more cute than funny, but the look on the frog's face did make me giggle.

 The picture is a little off kilter but I wanted to try to capture the glossy accents I put on his bow in an attempt to make it stand out.
The stamp is by The Stamp Barn. It's an old stamp of my mom's. The sentiment is from one of the unity stamps kit of the month.

My next card isn't for any challenges or using any particular sketch. 
I wanted to use the balloons from a hero arts set I have and well...this is what came to be!
I had originally wanted to tie them together with a bow but then I decided that with the blue background, I could make it look like they were just let go. There is something exciting and blissful about letting things float off into the sky!Thanks for stopping by, and thank you to everyone who makes comments. It really does make my day!

5 comments:

  1. These are wonderful cards! Love the frog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are darling! And yes, I did laugh when I saw that frog! The balloon card is especially wonderful...love your explanation of letting the balloons go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of these cards! The frog is adorable...and I love the dimension on the balloon card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! It really makes my day. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...