Saturday, April 10, 2010

Winter again?????

I couldn't help but pull out Christmas stuff again, I thought well.....it's right around the corner! I mean the blizzard we got 2 nights ago must surely signal that winter is here!! :)
Really I should be used to this highly variable weather by now!

So here is a Christmas holiday card....or two. This one was made using an old colorQ challenge from december of last year and this past weeks sketch from Moxie Fab World. They are celebrating the release of Go To Sketches. The challenge was to use the above sketch.
The snowman's scarf was paper-pieced from spring rain cardstock I stamped with a small snowflake from one of the Hero Arts sets. It's hard to see in the photo but if you click on it it's easier to see in the enlarged photo.


supplies:
stamps: Penny Black (snowman), Hero Arts (thought bubble & sentiment)
paper: grey, vanilla, PTI spring rain & white
ink: memento tuxedo black, copics
other: cuttlebug snowflakes, pop dots.

This card was made with the sweetest thing sketch in mind but I took a few liberties with it!

I punched out the snowflake with a cut emboss folder I had from cuttlebug and used the embossing folder directly on my card. I used a glue pen to draw on the snowflake cut-out and then sprinkled some glitter on it.

Supplies:
stamps: Hero Arts (sentiment)
paper: PTI kraft, vanilla
ink: CTMH cranberry
other: brown satin ribbon, red ribbon (Michaels I think!), cuttlebug cut & emboss snowflake folder

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Your cards make me almost wish it was winter again! I love the snowman - he is too cute. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kasia! Thanks for entering the Get Sketchy Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! It really makes my day. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...